Monday, September 8, 2008

Some interesting new stuff

The squares formula is very simple: $eq=round(sqrt($x*$y)*$i);

So what happens when we try raising x,y to the second power? Using this formula I proceed:

$eq=round(sqrt(pow($x,2)*pow($y,2))*$i);

Totally wicked, a circle comes out of it:
Then look at this!
And this!!!

I couldn't stop I had to modify it with some cosine action. I named the above building block $r for its circular beginnings. I then added another form of it which brings it back out of sqarerootdom:

$r=sqrt(pow($x,2)*pow($y,2));
$r2=pow($r,2);

I then use these from previous posts:

$eq5=cos($y*$i);
$eq6=cos($x*$i);

And plug them in like this:

$eq=round($r2*$i*($eq5+$eq6));

And behold:

Slightly modified: $eq=round($r2*$i*($eq5*$eq6)) yields this beauty:

No comments: